Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced Associate General Counsel – Labor and Employment to work on legal issues within the Company. This position will report to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experiences handling employment matters at varying levels. This person will possess a strong business partner mindset, including providing advice and counsel to HR professionals. Cresco’s employment attorney will work on the company’s strategic initiatives and run all aspects of labor and employment litigation.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Contribute employment law expertise to support the company’s objectives and collaborate with the Executive Team and cross-functional departments to manage risk
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of employment related documents in support of Cresco objectives
- Provide a timely and insightful advice and counsel to the leadership team on wide variety of legal, regulatory, compliance, and governance matters
- Manage employment related claims, litigation and related matters including the retention and management of outside counsel or other experts
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- JD from an accredited law school required
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience either in-house or at a law firm
- Skilled in negotiation, client service and the ability to interact effectively with Cresco personnel
- Analytical skills and the ability to think through critical information and make informed recommendations
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Office Adobe Suite required
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization and to recognize potential issues and make sound legal judgements
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Ability to model Cresco’s Values: Stewardship, Ownership and Leadership
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry