Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate HVAC Engineer to support design and optimization of environmental conditions within all commercial production, manufacturing, packaging and distribution process spaces. This position will be responsible for the technical and operational design elements of new and existing HVAC hardware and software systems. This will include preparation of a national HVAC specification, new facility sizing proposals and retrofitting existing spaces. Commissioning scope and documentation preparation along with onsite validation as needed. Additional support around process improvement, component selection and usage, capacity utilization improvement and finally, ensuring delivery to functional department manager requirements and timelines in support of corporate initiatives..
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective HVAC and environmental control concepts that align and improve upon existing and proposed facilities;
- Actively participate in equipment validation and qualification;
- Coordinate activities and project deliverables across operations;
- Assemble, facilitate and participate in cross functional teams;
- Standardize critical process parameters associated to environment (including clean room requirements), operational ranges and acceptance for quality assurance and process validation activities; and
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and/or program issues.
- Assist the Senior Director of Corporate Engineering in review of contracts and proposals;
- Manage State specific design packages, materials and equipment purchases:
- Sourcing (including ROI packages); and
- Maintaining vendor relations.
- Prepare, review and approve specifications and scope of work; and
- Prepare and distribute submittals.
- Lead operations engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco operations in all markets;
- Support Facility Project Engineers with equipment manufacturer communications and vendor management;
- Collaborate with Facility maintenance and engineering team members as required to prepare and submit Change Orders; and
- Assist and support Corporate Operations and Engineering functional heads by attending project meetings.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering or 7-10 years relevant technical experience;
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining and approving packaging specifications;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines (GMP, GDP, ASTM);
- AutoCad proficiency preferred;
- Experience managing facilities and systems with complex environmental controls, including Greenhouse structures preferred; and
- 3-5 years clean room design experience within controlled substance manufacturing industry preferred.
- 10-25% travel potential, monthly basis;
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age to apply