COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking for a Director of Regional Government Affairs to join our growing team! We are looking for regional candidate ideally out of the San Francisco, CA area (West Coast) or the NY/NJ/DC area (East Coast). The ideal candidate is proactive innovative and passionate, able to initiate best practices, works well with teams, and find answers when it appears there are none.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Representing Cresco with state and local government officials in their region
- Identifying and influencing state or local legislative proposals that would impact Cresco.
- Identifying proactive legislative and public policy opportunities at the state and local level.
- Supporting Cultivation and Dispensary managers’ relationships with state and local elected officials.
- Managing state cannabis associations, contract lobbyists and national organizations, as assigned.
- Managing regional Political Action Committee (PAC) budgets and making effective PAC contributions.
- Understanding the governmental and political environment within assigned region.
- Keeping management apprised of political and legislative environment.
- Coordinating with Corporate Responsibility colleagues to identify, develop and leverage opportunities to engage with government officials regarding the firm’s growing philanthropic initiatives and market expansion efforts.
- Collaborating on strategy with Market Leadership Teams, regional communications colleagues, Location Leaders in Strategic Hubs, Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders within assigned region.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Strong and effective lobbying experience in priority Midwest states.
- Exceptional relationships and understanding of politics and state and local legislative process, particularly in the Midwest.
- Strong understanding of financial services and business issues.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven strong work ethic.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10 years of total relevant experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry