Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Vice President of Cultivation to join our Team. The VP of Cultivation will be responsible for the documentation, task delegation, and monitoring of the Senior Director's of Cultivation and the cultivation facilities; maintaining yield standards, operating procedures and cleanliness. The VP of Cultivation will oversee Sr. DOC efforts in the cultivation facilities; ensuring that all processes, training requirements, schedules, policies and procedures are followed, and that established cultivation production goals are met.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Successful cultivation execution: Indoor, Greenhouse and Outdoor Commercial Cannabis production.
- Working knowledge of traceability programs: Metrc, Biotrack, and MJ Freeway.
- Develop thorough understanding of all Cresco cultivation SOP's and WIS for implementation in new and existing markets.
- In depth working knowledge of cannabis plant symptom diagnosis, causality and remedy applications.
- Consistent cultivation status reporting, verbal and written to all executive leadership/ownership.
- Frequent travel for facility inspections, media events and investor meetings as needed.
- Conduct weekly meetings to communicate status and directives to facility/regional DOC's.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Horticultural Production or Research
- 2 + years of management experience
- 4+ years Commercial Cannabis Experience in regulated markets
- 5+ years of horticultural experience within a cultivation facility or agricultural facility
- Minimum cultivation size experience = 125,000 ft. or 30,000+ plant count
- Advanced knowledge of plant cultivation and cultivation facility operations required
- Full working knowledge of batch testing criteria in both medical and recreational markets
- Working knowledge of cannabis research, tissue culture and breeding
- Experience within a highly regulated industry is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Detail-oriented, willingness to thoroughly execute established cultivation SOP's.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.