COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices as well as undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Our ideal candidate must be an analytical thinker with a high attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Process and issue payment in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and controls by validating data-entry accuracy, general ledger coding, vendor/invoice legitimacy and documentation requirements
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Work with Procurement to resolve discrepancies between invoices and the purchase orders
- Pays vendors by verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks, ach payments or wire transfers; resolving invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation; and insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Assist the accounting team with auditing expense reports and issuing one off expense report reimbursement checks.
- Address vendor and employee inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications as required
- Oversee the annual 1099 process
- Generate reports detailing accounts payable status
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files. Create new vendor files
- Maintain all W9 and W8 forms and ensure they are up to date
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business-related field preferred
- 2+ year experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Understands how to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry