Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Product Quality Director to join our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. As the Product Quality Director, you will be responsible for overseeing product quality across the enterprise. Associated quality activities involve serving as process owner and subject matter expert for established SOPs governing finished product sampling and inspection, customer complaints, adverse events, product investigations, and Corrective and Prevention Action (CAPA), and product withdrawals and recalls. Product families include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, manufacturing infused products (lotion, capsules, vape pens/cartridges, transdermal patches), and food products (chocolate, gummies, cookies). This position will be responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also lead efforts to track and trend product issues, identify potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, be a strong communicator, have a breadth of quality experience, and demonstrate the ability to work within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for process ownership of company’s customer complaint and adverse event reporting procedures, product investigations, CAPA, product withdrawal and recall procedures, and finished good sampling
- Serve as subject matter expert for site quality personnel
- Assess changes to requirements and procedures due key stakeholder feedback, new or evolving regulatory changes, and new market launches
- Ensure quality and operations personnel are adhering to SOPs
- Develop training associated with these activities
- Serve as escalation point for product quality issues that span across multiple sites, products, etc.
- Track and trend customer complaints, adverse events, CAPA
- Work with quality subject matter experts to generate ideas for projects and process improvements.
- Discuss issues and concerns directly with operations management and senior leadership.
- Collaborate with operational functions to troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, CAPA, and customer complaints. Provide advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Consolidate technical information from operations and manufacturing personnel and prepares written investigation and CAPA reports which may be provided to state regulators. Discuss quality-related issues with state regulators, as needed.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and SQF (Safe Quality Foods) guidance.
- Facilitates creation of and/or updates to product safety plans or product process parameters.
- Provides recommendations for product discontinuation, quarantine, destruction, rework, withdrawal/recall to operations and quality management.
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- 5% to facilities and states as the need arises.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree (in Science, Biology, Chemistry preferred), 10+ years’ experience in a quality role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), supplement, cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF experience
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, CAPA , adverse events, and product withdrawal/recall procedures.
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations or working in the industry