COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join our growing team. The EHS Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Safety supporting the development and implementation of the company-wide safety programs. You will ensure all company operations comply with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations and standards. You will educate employees on best safety practices and advise employees on safety performance improvements.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of corporate-wide safety programs such as Hazardous Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Fire Prevention and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises functional areas regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of corporate facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Leads and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Develops cost effective approaches to achieve compliance with HSE issues.
- Assist project team members with all safety concerns from the field.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 1-3 years previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, respiratory protection, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.