COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
The Commission Specialist is responsible for providing analytical reporting, researching and resolving complex commission issues as well as compensation banding and analysis. The Commission Specialist will work closely with HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance and IT management to ensure all critical business needs are being met.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Monitors, performs testing and drives changes to VUE Producer Portal functionality to enhance Agent experience.
- Develops appropriate reporting and communication tools to disseminate information in a timely manner and targeted to audience (direct management and senior management).
- Performs QR/QC process for commissions team.
- Acts as a key resource to Sales to provide guidance, answer questions, ensure follow up to non-routine sales commission and reporting inquiries.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Applies knowledge of commission and ERA policies and procedures.
- Continues to simplify, streamline and recommend improvements to improve the overall efficiency of reporting and commission and ERA administration.
- Ensures all Company policies and guidelines and Compliance requirements are followed as it relates to sales commissions and ERA.
- Fosters, promotes and contributes to a positive team environment.
- Understands the importance of and demonstrates the utmost confidentiality.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven technical aptitude to learn new systems and maintain them.
- 2 years of commission analysis/administration experience preferred.
- General or Sales commission/payroll related experience.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to persuade, persist and follow through on projects/tasks.
- Excellent proven analytical, organizational, time management, multi-tasking and follow up skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, e-mail systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- High level of competence with organization, prioritization, and multitasking in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and follow-through skills.
- High level of integrity, with the ability to maintain confidences.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.