Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Director, Engineering - West Coast to support Cultivation, Manufacturing and Retail operations throughout our West Coast Region. As the Senior Director Engineering, you will manage and support various operations and engineering projects both onsite and remotely. You will report to the Vice President of Engineering and be accountable for completion of assigned projects and lead a team of Facility Project Engineers in continual maintenance and facility expansion projects.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsibility for all assigned engineering projects at various facilities throughout the West Coast
- Support various project assignments and punch lists including travel for Facility Construction and Contractor Management, Equipment Acceptance, Installations and Commissioning as needed
- Represent Cresco Labs as the technical engineering resource for all facility design elements and approval of construction drawings including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Equipment components.
- Assist the Vice President of Engineering in review of contracts and proposals
- Manage State specific design packages, materials and equipment purchases
- Sourcing (including ROI packages)
- Maintaining vendor relations
- Prepare, review and approve specifications and scope of work
- Prepare and distribute submittals
- Lead operations engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco Cultivation, Processing, Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail operations in our West Coast markets
- Support Facility Project Engineers with equipment manufacturer communications and vendor management
- Collaborate with Facility maintenance and engineering team members to prepare and submit Change Orders
- Assist and support West Coast Operations and Engineering functional heads by attending project meetings
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering or 7-10 years relevant technical experience
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining and approving electrical, mechanical and pneumatic schematics
- Advanced MS Office skills
- CAD Modeling (e.g. Autocad / Solidworks)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines (GMP, GDP, ASTM)
- Experience managing a maintenance and engineering department preferred
- 3-5 years automation engineering experience within manufacturing industry preferred
- Familiarity with Software Qualification (GAMP 5) and CQV (FAT/SAT/IQ/OQ/PQ) preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry