Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting and Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting and be a key contributor in technical accounting research, assisting with relevant new accounting guidance implementation, and purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions. The Senior Analyst will assist with the company’s financial reporting process and will be responsible for several complex technical accounting areas, including financial instruments, biological assets, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, and investments. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Subject matter expert and/or preparer of complex accounting areas, including financial instruments, biological assets, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, investments, and purchase accounting for combinations (including equity, deferred and contingent consideration)
- Prepare and issue accounting policies, training and process documentation
- Responsible for accounting for biological assets and financial instruments
- Assist with purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions under ASC 805/IFRS 3, and consolidation determinations under ASC 810/IFRS 10
- Assess the impact of new accounting guidance and assist in the adoption of new accounting standards (U.S. GAAP and IFRS)
- Assist with technical accounting research for unusual transactions and new contracts
- Assist with the company’s financial reporting process – preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned
- Support the year-end audit process
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 4+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting preferred)
- CPA required
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct or SAP Business One helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.