Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Change Control Manager (Document and Training Lead) to join our operations team. This role will be located primarily out of our Chicago Headquarters but will require travel to our retail facilities in IL and potentially other retail locations. As our Change Control Manager, you will be responsible for managing all documents related to retail dispensary operations across the enterprise, ensuring they are current and comprehensive. You will help update and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other training materials for our retail operations functions. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, be highly organized, be able to juggle multiple document changes and priorities, manage timelines and due dates, work collaboratively within a team, and have experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Exciting project to build SOPs and training infrastructure for a medical cannabis start-up company
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of company’s manufacturing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training materials on a national basis. Update and/or create new company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, job aids, system user manuals, etc. that will have a lasting impact on company’s future success and growth
- Will be required to observe/learn operational processes and use of IT systems and work with subject matter experts to document steps, take pictures, and write new SOPs and training materials
- Lead meetings with document owners to resolve operational process and document discrepancies or update existing SOP content due to operational changes or regulatory updates. Ensure that documents accurately reflect correct and current processes and requirements and that manufacturing employees are utilizing them.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline documents, content, volume of documents, automate, error proof
- Work cross functionally among projects and departments as needs arise
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – detailed, user-friendly, and succinct writing
- 3+ years experience in retail or customer service, preferably in a regulated industry. Breadth of operations include patient in-take, inventory management, product handling, POS systems, employee training, safety and security. Must be able to understand process or regulatory changes, then translate them into actional instructions and requirements in SOPs or training materials
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or training materials
- Deals well with ambiguity and gray areas – must be a self-starter
- Understands the large-scale ideas but can see the details when information doesn’t make sense or is inconsistent
- Work with individuals who are more senior, striking a balance of driving for results but understanding when competing priorities exist
- Highly flexible and adaptable – working in a fast-paced start-up involves daily shifting priorities; able to go with the flow and adjust to changing needs quickly
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority items
- Travel required, as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Preferred experience in working in a company or industry with a formalized change control and document management process, including reading and assessing regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Self-Starter: Works with balance of speed and accuracy, quickly moves through assignments and requests new projects, provides proactive updates on document status, issues, and plans to resolve issues
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply