COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
As Cresco Labs accelerates the development of its brand portfolio, the company is seeking a Brand Manager to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of two of the brands within the Cresco Labs portfolio, building one of the first national footprints within the cannabis industry. You will lead brand positioning, brand strategy, near-in packaging and product development, communications, and work closely with the retail and wholesale marketing teams to define consumer promotions and in-store support. To do so, you will work closely with cross-functional partners across sales, supply chain, compliance, operations, finance, and many others to drive key initiatives and deliver results. This position will report to the Brand Director overseeing all Cresco Labs brands.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Establish clear brand strategies for two Cresco Labs brands, inclusive of visioning, design systems, language, and portfolio guidelines to set each business up for both short-term and long-term success.
- Lead the development of annual operating plans, distilling a situational assessment, identifying key strategic imperatives, and cascading to core tactical brand initiatives and associated working and non-working spend.
- Serve as the key representative for the brands across the organization, and present brand strategies and plans to senior leadership.
- Manage internal and external agency and design partner relationships in service of the development and execution of all brand communications and integrated marketing campaigns across all channels.
- Lead the expansion of brands into new states, along with the cross-functional development of line extensions, incremental packaging improvements, and other new business opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with retail and wholesale marketing to create and manage promotional collateral in order to establish brand awareness and product understanding in-store.
- Distill competitor and customer insights to validate and optimize brand objectives and strategies.
- Track all brand-related marketing expenses throughout the year to manage within the given A&M budget.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in demand forecasting and relevant financials and reporting on product sales.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- Traditional CPG brand management experience, with 3+ years of experience in marketing.
- Track record of identifying, building, and delivering growth within a fast-moving organization.
- Demonstrated success anticipating future business opportunities and developing strategies that address them proactively.
- Experience working in matrixed environments and building productive, cross-functional teams that drive to specific goals.
- Track record of thriving in environments with minimal process and structure, and comfort with managing through ambiguity.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills (exceptional listening skills, persuasive and professional communicator) is required.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills are required.
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
- Infrequent domestic travel