Crescent’s Executive VP of Operations is responsible for taking the Crescent Strategy and creating and implementing a business strategy and plan for their Operations Division. The business plans will be designed encompassing the disciplines of the Crescent Way to enhance the value of Crescent’s culture resulting in fully engaged, motivated, capable and competent people committed to Crescent achieving its vision. The Executive VP of Operations operating from the Crescent Strategy Map focuses on driving and leading new and organic revenue growth by seeking to understand the Customer’s needs to outsource and choose Crescent as their service partner to improve their competitive advantage in the marketplace. The architecture of the business plans will operate within the outline defined by the Crescent Way 3P’s:
While building on our Values of:
- Doing it Right
- Doing it Safe
- Doing it Well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of Crescent’s strategy and drive its implementation down to each business unit.
- In partnership with the ELT, VP’s and Directors drive to successfully complete the Annual Strategic Plan (ASP)
- Drive the successful completion of all the annual site strategic initiatives (SSI’s).
- Identify opportunities to reduce waste, improve the financial performance and business opportunities for Crescent.
- Oversee the growth and service delivery execution within each of the business units.
- Provide recommendations to strategically grow the business with key customers.
- In partnership with Sales Leadership, responsible for operational elements of RFP’s and process, followed by setup/startup of new operational sites
- Drive the Crescent Safety culture to ensure a Work Environment which is safe and maintained where our people can safely grow and develop.
- Assess and remove all un-necessary risks within our businesses.
- Scrutinize the alignment of all new business opportunities with being able to Do it Safe.
- Evaluate Crescent’s contractual obligations against potential risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of all sites to:
- Select the best competent people to grow and be part of Crescent
- Train – Establish training as a core value within Crescent.
- Assess to ensure the fair and accurate evaluation of each person’s performance and potential.
- Recognize to ensure each person feels appreciated for the value they provide.
- Lead people to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Provide leadership to build strategic alignment between customers, corporate support teams and plant/operating teams.
- Recognize and promote all the good things we do both internally and externally.
- Ensure our marketing materials convey Crescent as a very special place to work.
- Implement standardized site operations strategies, plans and processes in alignment with Crescent’s vision, culture and strategy for growth.
- Educate and train site management to identify waste and develop solutions to eliminate waste.
- Partner with the support group leaders to identify technology and automation improvements that will drive increased KPI performance and improve administratively burdensome processes.
- Incorporate technology and automation to refine and improve our production capability and our processes to deliver our services.
- Determine and adhere to all quality standards.
- Ensure our customer need for quality is understood and build into each process.
- Ensure the root cause for all escapes is identified and corrected.
- Operate with reporting systems/tools, including DSR, WKPI, MKPI & SLA’s, ensuring the complete integrity of all data
- Refine Crescent’s operating process resulting in Crescent being viewed as the best valued solutions provider in our industries.
- Build trust with customers, establishing strong and open relationships, where our customer is a stake holder in our long-term success.
- Lead the development and growth of all marketing channels and activities to brand Crescent as the Premier Service Provider in the industry.
- Annually recalibrate our current customers against our Key Customer matrix.
- Produce the highest quality sales marketing materials in alignment with each of our Key Customers defined needs.
- Lean out all site operations to provide our customer with the best value solution possible.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships Crescent’s key customers to ensure our business strategies and capabilities align with their current and future needs.
- Leverage technology / automation to its fullest potential to meet our commitment to our Customers.
- Drive the customer relationship management and engagement process, differentiating Crescent from its competitors by pursuing creative/innovative engineered service solutions
- Identify how our Key Customers measure value and share that insight with our onsite management teams.
- Drive Solutions which ensure Crescent is branded as an innovative service provider.
- Partner with Finance team to structure profitable customer arrangements that incentivize revenue growth and contain margin improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Shared Services Team (Engineering/Quality/People Group/IT) to drive Continuous Improvement throughout the operating organization allowing Crescent to be a competitive service provider.
- Align and optimize all resources to meet or exceed annual budget targets
- Evaluate the financial performance of each Key Customer and validate them as Key Customers.
- Provide insight on how we can strategically grow with each Key Customer.
- Produce an annual sales plan in alignment with our growth goals.
All other duties as assigned, including but not limited to the identification and training of an individual capable of successfully completing all stated Key Responsibilities as appropriate to maintain integrity of position for progression planning and coverage during times of absence.
Do It Right
Doing what is right for our Customers, doing what is right for our Company and doing what is right for our People. Continually improving the quality of our product and services. Monitoring and measuring every key ingredient which could negatively impact our quality. Doing it Right ensures we will always be a Premier Service Provider.
- Identifier and champion of change opportunities, adept at countering resistance to change and an advocate for continuous improvement
- Provide direction and rally the team impetus, forge teams
- Provides constructive performance feedback
- Willingness to make personnel changes
- Develops readiness for delegation to others and then does delegate to others
- Willing to take calculated risks
Do It Safe
Creating a safe environment where all forms of risk are assessed and controlled, and where People’s ideas, opinions and well-being are respected.
- Able communicator—good clarity, balanced talker and listener
- Effectively assertive and able to handle conflict and confrontation situations
- Solution vs. blame oriented
- Mixture of firmness and flexibility
- Has energy and enthusiasm
- Holds self and others accountable
Do It Well
Optimizing all our resources to efficiently and effectively perform all tasks well. Our overall productivity as a company is a reflection of the thousands of activities performed well each and every day by everyone. At Crescent, our ability to Do it Well is a real source of pride valued by our customers.
- Systematic trainer, willing and able to develop people
- Good work ethic, task focused and willing to extend extra effort
- Able to follow structure where it exists and create structure where it does not
- Resilient—able to deal with the unexpected, not easily flustered
- Has sense of urgency
- Follows up to ensure quality task completion
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Fast paced environment, requiring one to adapt to continuous changes in schedules, volumes, staffing and shift requirements.
Management Reasoning and Organizational Skills
- High average to above average general intelligence, good common sense and an ability to learn and apply lessons from direct experience
- Practical problem solver
- Ability to anticipate and look ahead
- Mental agility and the capacity to handle an up-tempo work pace
- Idea generator
- Has viable administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Can shift focus as needed
- Thorough, accurate, detail-oriented
- Effective time manager and able to prioritize
- Exhibits big picture thinking and a combination of short term and longer-term thinking
- Nulogy, Kronos, Great Plaines, EDI (SAP)
- Microsoft Office Suite – strong Excel, Teams, Zoom and other virtual tools
Performance Metrics and Trends
- Customer Value
Education & Experience:
- Ten plus years of business and operational experience leading operations, customer sales, and contract negotiations.
- Multiyear experienced in the development and execution of business and operational strategies.
- Educated in LEAN, Value Stream Mapping and Standard Work applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as business administration, finance, supply chain, engineering, or accounting. MBA is preferred.
- Experienced and proven business leader strongly desired
- Lean manufacturing and/or continual process improvement experience
- Black belt.
We will absolutely know the Executive VP is successful if they can:
- Engineer a sustainable Culture based on the 3P principles, throughout all levels of the organization
- Continued annual growth & profitability of the business units
- Position Crescent’s operations as the best valued solution within our industries.
- Culturalize training to documented processes as a core value at Crescent.
- Establish a diverse portfolio of Key Customers
- Brand Crescent as the Premier Service Provider
- Establish strong trusting relationships resulting in the profitable retention of all Key Customers.
- Develop and document a scalable operating platform which can be seamlessly transitioned to all new business opportunities.
By completing this application, you are acknowledging the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age of older
- I can perform the essential functions of this position, with or without accommodation
- I am a US Citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the US on an unrestricted basis