Crescent’s Facilities Maintenance Lead is responsible for maintaining the facility and keeping the infrastructure and spaces in the best possible condition for our customer’s needs and people’s needs. Lead daily assignments by prioritizing the importance of each maintenance request received. Ensuring he/she operates as outlined in the Crescent Way-3 P’s:
While building on our Culture of:
- Doing It Right
- Doing It Safe
- Doing It Well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand the Crescent Safety Playbook – Doing It Safe.
- Ensure Safe and well-maintained Work Environment and conditions throughout all work spaces, facility and surrounding areas.
- Engage in the Safety Sentinel Process
- Complete maintenance tasks on time and correctly as assigned
- Ensure all maintenance work is being performed in the safest manner
- Ensure a clean and organized work space and hold themselves to a high standard and lives the “leave work areas better than you found them”.
- Continually seek out and remove forms of risk in work areas
- Promote a Work Environment where Crescent People are valued and can safely communicate, grow, and develop.
- Lead group and set work priorities
- Treat people with respect and communicate in a professional manner.
- Able to accept direction and delegation from leaders
- Train other Crescent people on proper and safe methods of working.
- Communicate issues and opportunities to the Maintenance Leader
- Complete all PM’s on time
- Complete maintenance requests in a safe and timely manner
- Work and live the Crescent Culture of Doing it Right, Doing it Safe and Doing it Well and abide by all written and understood policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all work completed to the facility is performed at the highest level of your abilities
- Ensure all dock equipment is operating in a manner that is safe and effective for Crescent People
- Ensure the completion of all required PM’s.
- Maintain the building in a condition that meets the customer expectations
- Responsible to specify, source and select cost effective equipment, materials and spare parts.
- Improve organizational efficiency and waste reduction
- Manage the correct use of all material and supplies
Do It Right
Doing what is right for our Customers, doing what is right for our Company and doing what is right for our People. Continually improving the quality of our product and services. Monitoring and measuring every key ingredient which could negatively impact our quality. Doing it Right ensures we will always be a Premier Service Provider.
Do It Safe
Providing a safe environment and supporting our People to reach their highest potential. A safe environment where all forms of risk are assessed and controlled. A safe environment open to new ideas, where our People’s opinions and overall well-being count. A diverse environment where everyone fits and can be successful.
Do It Well
Optimizing all our resources to efficiently and effectively perform all tasks well. Our overall productivity as a company is a reflection of the thousands of activities performed well each and every day by everyone. At Crescent, our ability to Do it Well is a real source of pride valued by our customers.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- The ability to work at heights, this includes working on a ladder, scaffolding, flat or sloped roofs and the use of aerial lifts.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills, & Capability
- Carpentry- Repairs, building screen frames for dock doors, replacing wooden guards on dock
- Painting- Walls, doors, trim, floors, interior and exterior. Paint exterior curbs, bollards and railings.
- Building Electrical Systems- Changing light bulbs, ballasts and fixtures. Add/change receptacle and switches as need. Familiar with LOTO when performing any of these duties.
- Plumbing – Drain and water line repair/installation. Unclog/replace toilets, replace and repair faucets.
- HVAC- Filter changes, belt replacement, thermostat replacement, coil cleaning
- Sprinkler systems- Familiar with riser locations, installation of repair clamps, gauge replacement, isolation valves and draining of the system.
- Security and CCTV Systems- Review camera systems, ensure all cameras are functioning.
- Fire monitoring systems- Navigate control panel, address fire troubles, assist in fire drills, the ability to put the system on test and switch off-line.
- The ability to read instructions and perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and understand percentages.
- Self-driven to continually improve the facility and communicate ideas to our customers and people. Maintaining policies and procedures and reviewing and evaluating current maintenance program and performance.
- The ability to communicate with facts and to balance talking with listening. Ability to communicate project and work statuses to Crescent People.
- Self-motivated and motivated by achieving set targets. Plan out daily work details and prioritize the needs of the customer.
- The ability to break a problem down into steps and produce a logical timely solution.
- The ability to manage one’s time effectively, schedule and prioritize tasks in accordance with the demands of the day. Works directly with Maintenance Tech’s to ensure that work is performed safely and efficiently.
Performance Metrics and Trends
- Customer Value
Education & Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in commercial facility maintenance
- Experience in building maintenance:
We will know that the Facility Maintenance Lead is successful if they can:
- Maintain Crescent Facilities and meet Crescent Facility Standards
- Continually improve the appearance & functionality of the facility
- Have facility work orders and projects completed on time
By completing this application, you are acknowledging the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age of older
- I can perform the essential functions of this position, with or without accommodation
- I am a US Citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the US on an unrestricted basis