CredSimple is a New York-based startup laser-focused on improving healthcare infrastructure with revolutionary technology. Instead of conducting a series of manual steps built on tedious data-entry, our platform automates the process and cuts the credentialing process down from a three-month period to a matter of days. We’re in it to have a profound, long-term impact and fundamentally change the way this critical part of the U.S. healthcare system works.
Join and work with a team of talented people who enjoy solving tough problems and improving the healthcare industry! We believe in supporting both personal and professional growth. That means we pay attention to goals, celebrate milestones and highly encourage learning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Specialist, you will be joining our Credentialing Operations team and working on our Practitioner Credentialing and Committee Review products. You’ll be handling exceptions to an automated process, by doing research about provider credentials that our automated tools could not solve and reaching out to stakeholders for missing information. You’ll also be assisting in the preparation of files for our clients’ committee reviews. You’ll be held to a high standard for quality of work and will be a contributor to the quality control process.
- Completing primary source verifications for our practitioner credentialing clients;
- Conducting internal, or online, research into verifications of provider information;
- Reviewing credentials and determining whether or not they need to be escalated to a credentialing committee;
- Researching providers and summarizing your findings in preparation for clients’ committee review meetings;
- Highlighting trends to Operations Analysts to address areas for improvements in business processes.
You are a quick learner who can operate well in an environment of uncertainty and rapid change. You can go heads down and focus on completing a series of tasks with impeccable attention to detail and stay positive and motivated to get the work done. You take the first stab at solving problems you see but know when you need to escalate them, too. You take pride in a job well done and are comfortable checking the quality of your own work.
Your background looks a lot like:
- At least 1-3 years working in the healthcare industry; bonus points if you have practitioner credentialing experience. Relevant experience may also include conducting web research in a business environment and/or data entry
- Attentive to detail; able to spot issues and complete root cause analysis
- You’re comfortable working independently and also contributing as part of a team
- Tech-wise, you are comfortable navigating Excel spreadsheets, working with Google products, and using third party sources to complete work.