Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is looking for a Manager, Financial and Internal Communications, with experience in coordinating the elements required to create, shape, write and share a compelling corporate narrative that will resonate with investors, analysts, employees and partners. In this role, you will work on high priority projects and have an impact across the Credit Karma organization, involving extensive writing and editing. Working closely with senior leaders and reporting to our VP, Communication, you will become an expert in company strategy, executive priorities, the product roadmap and go-to-market strategies. You will work collaboratively to solve exciting problems and translate complex internal concepts and initiatives into scripts, talk tracks and presentations that are clearly understood by external audiences.
What you'll do:
- Handle initiatives related to earnings, board of directors, investors and analysts including, but not limited to: strategy, narrative development, writing, editing, fact checking and presentation building
- Partner closely with stakeholders within communications, investor relations and business leaders across the company on telling the story of why Credit Karma is a strong, growing and enduring business
- Partner closely with Finance and Legal teams in gathering content and gaining proper reviews and approvals, respectively
- Extensive writing and editing of talk tracks, scripts, presentations and messaging
- Review, edit and create internal executive communications across a variety of channels including, but not limited to Slack, emails and talk tracks
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years combined experience working in corporate communications for a public company and / or financial communications agency
What we would like to see:
- A solid understanding of financials
- Experience with PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Proven track record of moving fast and staying calm under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with quarterly earnings
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience turning complicated concepts into clear and compelling storylines
- Discreet, trusted, confident problem-solver with a collaborative spirit
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Pay Transparency Notice: Credit Karma’s mission of championing financial progress for all starts from within. That’s why we implemented role-based compensation, which ensures people who are in the same role receive the same pay with variations for geographic location only. It’s all part of a more comprehensive DEI strategy that helps level the playing field. The base salary range for this role is $140,054 to $182,142, plus equity and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: