Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the team:
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is important to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Reporting to the Head of Global Safety & Physical Security, the Senior Physical Security Systems Engineer, will manage the design, construction, maintenance, operation, and system administration of Credit Karma's Global Physical Security Infrastructure and Technologies. You'll inspire creativity and operational efficiencies by deploying the latest technologies, building deep integrations, and creating smooth experiences for our end-users.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Global Safety & Physical Security team, Workplace Services, IT, Info/CyberSec and other lines of business to manage efficient access control practices
- Manage the design, integration and maintenance of the physical security technology software and hardware tools that assist us
- Research and implement new physical security technologies
- Manage project plans to ensure on time delivery of systems for all new offices
- Help with procedures as they relate to physical security systems and technology
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years Experience working with diverse partner groups (i.e., physical security integration vendors, contractors, clients, architects, engineers, and designers)
- 5+ years Experience programming, deploying and managing physical access control systems, network video management systems, IP video intercom systems, visitor management systems, physical servers, virtual servers, SQL databases
- 5+ years of Project management experience with an understanding of the full project management cycle
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (Up to 30%)
- Availability to provide support after hours and on weekends
- Technical skills across physical security technology, including all core IT dependencies, querying, scripting, and hardware/software development
- A passion for building things and the ability to, If we handed you a pile of parts and a soldering iron you would build us something great!
- Experience deploying resilient, scalable, solutions that are smooth for end-users
What we would like to see:
- Background in IT/network management with fundamental understanding of Networking (Network+ or CCNA ), VoIP/Video ( CCNA Collaboration), LAN/WAN topologies
- Experience in Security Integration with other Corporate/HR/Security Systems
- Familiarity with security operations management principles
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: