Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a product platform team. The team owns services upon which other teams build product experiences. The platform currently powers key experiences including highly frequented pages like the dashboard. The Engineering Manager role is a highly impactful role at Credit Karma that requires a balance of communication, leadership, teamwork, technical understanding of applications/systems, and follow through to make lasting impact on product, people, and process.
What you’ll do:
- Help to build an extensive platform to support different products development velocity
- Communicate cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Design, Analytics, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- One on ones, growth & development plans, performance, compensation, and making people effective and happy
- Guide the team processes and help to improve them
- Own the team planning and strategy
- Help the team prioritize initiatives and keep them highly motivated
What’s great about the role:
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people learn about credit and their personal finances.
- You’ll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, data science, and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, all those amazing company perks that you probably already read about.
Minimum basic requirements:
- 5 years + of experience in addition to Master’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Led backend app development as a manager or engineer
- Experience owning a platform
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Strong technical leadership skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: