Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
This is a cross-functional, quality and reliability focused engineering leadership role, driving key partnerships across engineering, product and marketing stakeholders within Credit Karma. We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software and delighting our members is not accomplished with just reactive testing. You'll be solving big quality challenges, coaching engineering teams in the art of risk-based testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality on behalf of our members. If you have a technical background, possess high EQ, and are excited about helping our members gain access to world class financial products, you will make a great fit for this role.
What You'll Do
- Empower your cross functional teams (Not just the Test Engineers) to deliver high quality experiences for our members; using your experience and thought leadership to execute your quality vision
- Drive decisions using quantitative and qualitative quality metrics and risk assessments
- Guide your team to design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality; choosing the right method of testing for each development phase (e.g. scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with peers and thought leaders across the larger product and platform engineering organizations
- People care! One-on-ones, growth & development plans, frequent feedback, and making sure your teams are set up to continuously grow and improve
What's Great About It
- You'll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances
- You'll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of leadership, and believe in supporting our leaders through this journey
- You'll be working on technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, data science, and experimentation-driven product development
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your teams
- You'll be in a highly collaborative environment, working closely with cross-functional counterparts in engineering, product, marketing, data, business analytics, and a host of others
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5+ years of leading quality and/or reliability focused engineering teams
- Experience leading teams to deliver high quality, consumer centric web and mobile apps
- Experience implementing modern and scalable automation strategies, frameworks, and observability tooling
- Experience with the full software development life cycle and CI/CD practices
- Influential communication skills which bring together quality, product, engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization
- Proven history of improving quality with data driven decision making
- Foundations in usability, security and risk based testing strategies
- Thoughtful empathy while constantly improving our current processes
- Excitement about continuing to be a hands-on technical contributor
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: