Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Your role will be to lead our continued scaling in the U.K., and drive key decisions along the way to influence our entire engineering organisation.
What you'll do:
- Drive a technical vision for the engineering organisation around scaling internationally.
- Lead important efforts including build out of new product features, design & development of new microservices, and extending Credit Karma's platform to new countries and markets.
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members, and the processes that support overall team growth.
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery.
What's great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma's mature platform and business.
- You'll have lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organisation.
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What we are looking for:
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services and significant professional experience in server-side development.
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design.
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement.
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements.
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners.
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services.
- React experience a plus and Node.js experience a plus.
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: