Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Security Governance, Risk & Compliance team [Security GRC] at Credit Karma is looking for a Security Risk Manager. You are someone who has the expertise in leading organization wide information security risk programs. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Security Risk.
The Security GRC team are information security risk management experts and trusted compliance advisors to the business. We leverage our risk, information security and control expertise to support risk management, security compliance and to drive continuous process improvements and cost savings.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the security risk register including improvements to tooling and increased automation
- Drive regular technical risk reviews with security teams and engineering/business groups
- Facilitate security risk assessments across production and corporate environments, enabling security teams to describe risk in quantitative and qualitative terms
- Analysis and prioritization of risks identified from multiple Security activities and assessments.
- Be responsible for stakeholder communications around risks across the risk lifecycle including discovery, solutioning, remediation and closure
- Identify and report appropriate metrics to measure the success of the risk program and highlight trends or themes from raw data
- You will also identify improvement opportunities in Security Risk Management Framework and processes and operationalize it
What's great about the role:
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe
- Solving security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team, with a culture of "how to do this safely", not a culture of "no"
- Spending way less time convincing anyone why security is important and way more time talking about how to manage risk effectively - the importance of security is woven into our DNA already!
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in leading Cybersecurity programs
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in information security risk management and/or a related domain
- Experience working with Engineering/technology teams on Security risk programs
- Experience working in cloud-services environment (GCP, AWS)
- Hands on experience in performing technical risk analysis and security reviews
What we'd like to see:
- Fintech, tech, financial services or consulting work history
- Bachelor's degree with proficiency in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or relevant technical field experience in a security domain
- Information security risk management qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with risk assessment best practices, effective security metrics, security risk standards and frameworks (such as NIST RMF, FAIR risk methodology etc.)
- Experience with PCI-DSS framework
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: