Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the Team
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll be proactively assessing risks for our Web and mobile platform releases. You'll solve big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Team Members in the art of quality testing and creating a long term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have a high impact; look for a hands-on technical career with both manual and automated testing. This isn't just about "Quality Assurance"; we want you to help us create a better product and improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What you'll do:
- Be a quality advocate, collaborating with software engineers, designers, and product managers. to release life changing products.
- Design and deliver risk-based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.).
- Help ensure your vertical's releases follow deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks and build regression test coverage through all infrastructure.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects
What's great about the role:
- You will use your amazing full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing experience to help us build better products.
- You'll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances.
- You'll learn a lot; and we value continued learning and development.
- You can introduce new tools and frameworks to your team.
- And all those thoughtful company perks that you probably already read about.
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5 years of hands-on experience testing across application layers of Mobile and Web Applications
- 3 or more years of experience with industry frameworks/tooling (E.g. Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Rspec, Applitools, Junit/TestNg)
- Professional experience across the entire Software Development Life Cycle
What we're looking for:
- Strong foundation in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (E.g. Java, Ruby, Python, SQL). Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (E.g. Jenkins/CircleCI, AWS/GCP, etc)
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explain technical problems succinctly and clearly.
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical Coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: