Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the role:
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you'll lead financial reporting and partner closely with various groups across the company. You will drive financial and operational excellence through a deep understanding of the business and complex analyses. This role will offer exposure to many fast growing areas and the right candidate will be excited to play a variety of different roles as the company rapidly scales. You should have a strong sense of ownership and commitment to execution. We are looking for an analytical problem solver who can breakdown complex problems into actionable components without losing sight of the overall strategy.
What you'll do:
- Own key areas of financial reporting and work cross-functionally with a broad set of Finance and Business partners to gain insights and develop a view on drivers/shifts that explains business performance
- Provide analytical and tactical support to teams in launching new products and features to drive accuracy and scalability
- Collaborate with analytics teams and leverage databases and data visualization tools to gather relevant information for analyses
- Identify and quantify financial/operational risks and opportunities to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects
- Establish a deep understanding of the business via regular reporting and collaboration with the team
- Gather, analyze and present information for senior management
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (experience in payments industry preferred)
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and the Google Doc suite
- Detail-oriented, analytical and a quick learner
- Strong project management skills with a self-starter mindset and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
What we would like to see:
- Experience in money movement and the payments industry
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Looker, BigQuery
- Ability to tell a compelling business story to stakeholders at any level and team in the company
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: