Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Director, Data and Product Partnerships
The Data and Product Partnerships team is looking for a Director to manage the company’s most important data and technology partnerships. This person will lead strategy development, negotiate partnership deals, improve our technical integrations, and manage a team of account / partner managers. Through your efforts leading our partnership strategy and execution, you will help deliver the mission for Credit Karma's more than 100+ million members.
What you’ll do:
- Leading relationships with the account, product, and technical teams at Credit Karma’s data and tech partners
- Developing partner strategy and evaluating new product / data offerings to assess fit with and value to Credit Karma
- Structuring and negotiating complex deals with our most strategic data partners
- Managing the broader pipeline of projects spanning new business development opportunities and technical integrations
- Quarterbacking the end-to-end deal process for data or technology across cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Product, Engineering, Legal, and Finance
- Collaborating to integrate with, on-board, and make use of new data assets and technology
What’s great about the role:
- Own data and product partnerships strategy and business development for Credit Karma’s Growth verticals: Auto Insurance and Mortgage
- Direct access to Credit Karma leadership and highly engaged with leaders at external companies
- Use strategy development, negotiation and analytical skills and relationship experience to build key initiatives with both new and existing partners
Minimum basic requirements:
- 10+ years of work experience in management consulting, business development, or partnerships
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or at least 7 years of related business experience and a track record of continuous professional development
- Partner leader - Develops relationships while serving as a trusted advisor with key partners
- Strategic problem solver - Comfortable with ambiguity, capable of structuring business and data strategies independently in fast-paced environment
- Proven deal-maker - Significant experience managing the full cycle all the way through deal close. Skilled in influencing external partners and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - Skilled in utilizing data and analytics to drive improved business decisions
- Team player / collaborator - Proven ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering functions and experience with technical integrations/on-boarding
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: