Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a Technology Compliance Analyst II at Credit Karma, you'll join our diverse and collaborative Internal Audit team to ensure the security and safety of our members. You will work cross-functionally to find and address risk. You will guide audits across multiple products and services against the AICPA Trust Services Criteria, ISO 27001 Standard, and FTC Data Security. You will help perform audit risk assessments and develop audit goals and procedures. You have a proven track record establishing relationships and working cross-functionally to drive essential results, issues tracking and reporting. You will report directly to our Manager of Technology Compliance.
What you'll do:
- Perform walkthroughs to assist with process documentation
- Work closely with the infrastructure security teams to test and provide requirement over cloud security
- Test internal controls and identify control deficiencies, analyze impact and exposure, and recommend improvements
- Develop, optimize, and remediate internal controls related to IT, security, operations, and engineering
- Work with external auditors to assist in the completion of annual compliance audits, such as SOC 2, ISO-27001 and FTC audits
- Ensures adequate and effective IT controls exist to meet applicable current and future security compliance requirements found in laws, regulations, frameworks such as requirements to align with SOC I & II, ISO 27001, NIST/FedRamp etc.
- Work with internal partners to complete internal audit requirements
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (or other related field) and excellent academic credentials
- 3+ years' experience in a technology risk or compliance related role with one of more internal control frameworks: PCI, NIST 800-53, DoD STIGs, SSAE 18 (SOC), ISO 27001, MS-SDL)
- Experience working in cloud-services environment (GCP, AWS etc)
- Experience working with internal audit, external auditors, outside consultants, and legal affairs
What we would like to see:
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or other relevant certifications
- Experience in auditing infrastructure running Linux, CentOS and MySQL
- Knowledge of the SDLC, Agile Development, CIS Benchmark, and Google Cloud Platform or AWS Security Controls
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: