Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma's Partner Decision Science team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist/Data Analyst with a Credit Risk Modeling support background. You will be a contributor of a growing team who will work closely with our bank and Fintech partners to improve targeting models on the Credit Karma platform. By doing this they will increase revenue for Credit Karma and its partners, while providing approval certainty for consumers
- You will be the essential bridge between banking / FinTech partners and the Credit Karma data science platform. Help some of the biggest financial institutions in the country work with the CK modeling platform and meet all data requirements for banking / FinTech partners
- You will work hand-in-hand both with the internal data science teams, and partner risk science teams to integrate and build decision science models on the CK platform
- Build relations with data science teams at financial institutions, ranging from VP-level executives all the way to hands-on data scientists
- You will thoroughly understand the capabilities of the Credit Karma machine learning platform, and help guide requirements and directly enhance Karma s capabilities
- Increase and guide the partner model building and analytics process, to achieve results. Coach partner risk teams on machine learning capabilities provided by the CK platform, providing advocacy for partners within Credit Karma and vice versa
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Math, Data Analytics or a relevant quantitative discipline
- Experience in statistical analysis, modeling, or data analysis related to one or more of: credit and underwriting, customer segmentation and marketing analytics, or customer valuations
- Experience with consumer credit data
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling
- Experience machine learning techniques
- Experience working with teams at Financial institutions
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: