Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a Program Manager, you will help Credit Karma's legal team to develop, implement, and maintain its privacy program. You will report to the Head of Privacy and work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization, looking for opportunities to distinguish Credit Karma as a privacy and data security leader. You will help drive cross functional initiatives and projects to completion, from defining requirements to managing timelines and execution. The role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives related to privacy and compliance
- Support the maturation of Credit Karma’s privacy program, including by developing processes and policies and operationalizing key functions
- Organize and manage privacy and compliance projects, from scoping out requirements to working collaboratively across cross-functional teams and managing implementation
- Define and track key metrics to measure program performance, including analyzing and compiling data
- Assist with responding to data subject rights requests and sensitive member escalations
- Be a team player with excellent people skills and a bias to action
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in program or project management (or adjacent experience, such as consulting)
- Proven track record of collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in working with technical stakeholders
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience building or maturing privacy or compliance programs
- Familiarity with privacy, security, and/or financial services frameworks and regulations such as NIST, GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, FCRA, and ECOA
- Someone who is comfortable navigating ambiguity -- and can thoughtfully develop and implement processes that are scalable and repeatable
- Ability to synthesize, present, and report on qualitative and quantitative data clearly, succinctly and confidently
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: