Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We’re looking for an experienced Product Researcher to help advance our team and lead research initiatives for one of our key product teams. As a member of our growing Product Research department, you’ll have a hand in shaping the role of Product Research at Credit Karma and championing a member-centric approach to our products, business, and culture. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys forward-looking intrapreneurial roles, but who is also seeking the stability of a seasoned management team.
What you’ll do:
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan studies for both generative and evaluative purposes
- Plan, design and lead research projects end to end, and facilitate the experience for your team
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods
- Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers, content strategists, and marketing partners to leverage (personas, frameworks, use cases, design principles, scenarios, etc)
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways, tailoring findings to suit the audience
- Support project team members in transforming research findings and insights into innovative solutions that inform both user and business problems and that deliver measurable outcomes
- Drive leadership buy in and support by regularly meeting, presenting findings, connecting to business outcomes and quantifying business value
What’s great about the opportunity:
- What we’re doing as a company is ambitious and feels good: we’re offering free tools to people that help them improve their financial lives. And what we’re doing as a team is fundamental to the company’s success
- We are a relatively new function within the company, so the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition and Member outcomes
- You’ll own research not just for the team’s current products that you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences could help people achieve as well
- You have a built-in audience of 100 million+ people who rely on our product for help
- You’ll be establishing many of the practices and processes to make this team successful
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 7+ years experience in applied product research and consumer tech
- Track record of engaging and leading cross-functional teams through new territory, and delivering on measurable business outcomes
- Passion for advocating for an organization’s customers and championing new ideas, tools, and experiences that solve their needs and engage them in the business
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, and experience identifying, planning, and solving for operational needs (budget, tools, cadences, etc.)
- Command of a broad set of qualitative research and user-centered design methods
- Strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Comfort and familiarity with quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and/or statistical concepts
- Experience creating customer-centric deliverables (i.e. frameworks, journey maps, videos, etc.)
- Bonus: domain expertise in fintech
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a Masters degree is a bonus - a degree in Design, HCI, MSI, MBA, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology or a related field considered an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: