Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud Security) is to develop security controls for IaaS and SaaS cloud environments.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Network, Platform, and Dev teams to design security-centric cloud architectures and framework.
- Design, deploy and maintain cloud native security solutions that will prevent and detect attacks against CK's infrastructure
- Leverage scripting and programming to automate manual actions wherever possible
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure all solutions are logging relevant data
- Ensure security baselines are configured as part of system build processes and security is considered as part of infrastructure as code
- Share your knowledge on security best practices and provide security consultations to other teams at CK
Perks of the role:
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people make financial progress and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What We Expect
- Solid grasp of Linux system, network and security fundamentals.
- Good understanding of cloud security solutions in various layers -- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Experience securing GCP/AWS workloads in an enterprise-scale, mixed-vendor environment.
- Deep understanding of container workload deployments as well as related orchestration technologies (ie: Kubernetes).
- Exposure to GCP and related components like GCE, GKE, IAM is a huge plus.
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills for automating repetitive tasks. Python and Golang are preferred.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD lifecycle.
- Familiarity with micro-segmentation and cloud workload protection platforms.
- Experience with securing Terraform Infrastructure as Code deployments.
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve. Thrives in a distributed workplace environment.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: