Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
This position is responsible for Credit Karma’s network infrastructure for all enterprise and production-facing services. A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management/organization skills, the ability to context switch at a high level and thrive within a team environment to complement his/her technical skills. This individual should have exposure and familiarity with deploying and handling networks in a Cloud heavy environment.
What you’ll do:
- (20% of time) Responsible for all aspects of physical and cloud network infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime and performance.
- Design and implement seamless integration between multiple cloud providers (GCP and AWS) and physical data centers.
- Design and implement across segments for business continuity i.e. prod, test, corp, etc
- (20% of time) Provide research, recommendations and solutions for redundancy, availability, scalability, and performance improvement.
- Design and support the network infrastructure for high-availability and security.
- Plan and execute multiple projects, and support 24/7/365 site operations.
- Configure dynamic routing protocols for dynamic failover and high availability.
- (20% of time) Design, implement, support and orchestrate infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform.
- Develop code to deploy immutable infrastructure.
- Define and Declare cloud environments in code
- Ensure code is written in an extensible way supporting DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself).
- (20% of time) Implement monitoring and logging solutions for physical and cloud network infrastructure.
- Integrate intelligence sources into a SIEM (Security information and event management), and customize automated responses specific to Credit Karma’s unique operating environment.
- Configure splunk for monitoring and visibility.
- Use metrics and grafana for performance monitoring and dashboards.
- (20% of time) Build automation, workflows and processes for network and cloud infrastructure:
- Integrate with our existing tooling to create ticketing workflows for the adding and removing firewall rules, elb, and access policies.
- Automate all manual processes to reduce opportunities for errors and increase efficiency.
Perks of the role:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization.
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on our members as well as your fellow Karmanauts (that’s what we call ourselves).
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma.
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of desired and progressive technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, etc.
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it--it’s part of our culture.
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on network engineer
- Ability to architect/design complex systems for successful deployment and management
- Experience with hosted environments such as AWS and Google Compute Engine
- Strong background in firewall management, BGP, and Ipsec
- Strong working experience with PaloAlto, Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Configuration and management experience of Network management systems
- Knowledge of code such as JSON, Python, and Ruby
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Terraform, Rancid, and Ansible
- A strong drive when it comes to troubleshooting network performance issues
- Self starter that can jump into action with high level context
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Advanced experience deploying software as code using Terraform other tools
- Experience working in a hybrid environment as well as Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Working knowledge of Python, Go, Ruby, JSON
- Familiarity with information security principles and best practices in virtual environments
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: