Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As the Senior Technical Sourcing Manager, you will lead our strategic sourcing efforts for all Engineering. You will be responsible for building and executing cost efficiency plans across the many areas within the engineering organization. Additionally, you will be the main liaison with engineering to manage all aspects of sourcing, contracting and strategic relationships for the vendors. This will to ensure that key business partners understand the strategic and tactical direction for sourcing efforts allowing for integration with company and department strategies
What you’ll do:
- Manage, advise and engage in the sourcing and contracting processes including evaluating, negotiating, and entering into contracts and renewing relationships with suppliers of goods and services
- Develop a strong strategic advisor/partner relationship with the legal function to ensure best in class contracting practices are in place globally
- Manage the engineering budget in partnership with FP&A
What’s great about the role:
- Opportunity to work across many different teams within the company
- Learning about all the different products that make Credit Karma great and how you contributed to it
- A chance to get immersed in so many different technologies
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- Be a seasoned pro, with 7+ years of experience in the strategic and operational aspects of sourcing and procurement in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Have exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels
- Have deep knowledge of contract development legal issues, strong project management skills and a strong customer service focus
- Have demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategy, governance and structure in a rapidly changing environment
- Exhibit strong analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills. Be a proven creative thinker with a problem-solving approach
- Have an excellent track record of establishing relationships, influencing and negotiating competing priorities among business partners
- Have a proven ability to deliver concise and simple written and verbal communications to cross functional stakeholders and executives
- Have an excellent grasp of business-oriented financial concepts, financial analysis, budget formulation, and business case development
- Experience working with SaaS, Hardware and Cloud providers
- Understanding of licensing models in the technology vendor space
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: