Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a new member of the Credit Karma Product Design team, you’ll be working closely with product managers, engineers, analysts, and researchers to drive growth and learning within the Home team. You’ll help us find high impact opportunities to help our members buy their first or manage their current home.
What you’ll do:
- Create high quality user experiences that aim to help our members make financial progress through onboarding experiences, monetization flows, and other points of the home buying and owning journey
- Leverage data and analytics to generate member-focused hypotheses for iterative product experimentation.
- Create experiments around hypotheses that gain learning from research or insights to identify new areas for our business
- Carry ideas from early stage discovery through development and multiple rounds of iteration and changes
- Uphold design standards, patterns, processes, and behaviors across our platforms
- Partner closely with product managers, business leads, researchers, and analysts to explore and identify opportunities to solve member problems
What’s great about this role:
- You’ll be a part of a high impact, collaborative, fast growing team
- You’ll be laying the foundation and process of how growth design works at Credit Karma
- You’re motivated by leveraging data to explore new experiences for our members
- You’ll always ship to learn more about our members and the business
- Iteration is a process, so you’ll be able to learn all the time, everyday
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar
- Demonstrated experience shipping user centered products
- Case studies of several projects in market, showing strong examples of discovery and iteration
- Previous experience as a growth oriented designer
- Experience designing products that fit into complex systems and user journeys
- Experience partnering with researchers to gain insight and develop strategies to deliver high impact approaches
- Ability and experience with a mobile first design approach
- A demonstrated history of leveraging data collection mechanisms to create meaningful product experiences
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: