Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- The role will be responsible for reviewing transactions and account creations for fraud, related to our new Financial Account products!
- Investigate new account and synthetic identity fraud cases
- Review complex cases of identity theft, Account Takeover indicators and mitigate risk of member compromise.
- Focus on new account fraud and with a goal of protecting the company and our members.
- Work closely with process design team to identify trends; make recommendations for closing process gaps.
- Understand Credit Karma member support processes on issues related to security, fraud, and account recovery
- Work fraud alerts generated by modeling and strategies teams
- Document fraud cases for reporting to bank and internal partners
- Assist our Member Support team in responding to our Members
*This role will require occasional weekend assignments
Minimum basic requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical work experience
- 4+ years of related fraud experience
- 2+ years of banking, financial fraud and abuse experience
- 1+ years of experience in Fintech or regulated financial institution
- 1+ years of exposure or experience with AML and KYC
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: