Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a front end software engineer on our product engineering team, you'll get to lead a growing team at Credit Karma that works across various verticals (home, auto, personal loans, and credit cards). You'll impact a platform that is responsible for handling millions of members accessing their Credit Karma accounts, including registration, login, SMS 2FA, and account recovery. Further, you’ll help build product experiences that guide our members through the most challenging financial decision of their lifetime: buying their dream home. From finding a realtor, understanding loan options, and applying to get pre-approved, we help our members every step of the way. There is an enormous opportunity to build things at scale, move fast, and have a high impact across many different products, including our Core product, Auto, Mortgage and Assets.
What you’ll do:
- Develop features and improvements for the various consumer facing products at Credit Karma using React and Typescript
- Develop, maintain and advocate Frontend code quality standards and best practices. Teach and reinforce these principles through code review
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity for the team. Serve as a technical leader, resource, and mentor for the other members of the Frontend Engineering team
What’s great about the role:
- Impact our business is experiencing explosive growth and we are actively growing the team to improve and expand our product portfolio
- We are solving BIG problems that are fundamentally changing old industries
- Opportunity to meaningfully improve the lives of our members
- Fast-paced environment that operates like a ‘start-up’ within Credit Karma
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Programming experience with a focus on front end development
- Experience in at least one relevant front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Experience in microservices architecture, messaging patterns, and deployment models
- Experience in API design and building robust and extendable client/server contracts.
- Proficient in TypeScript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Ability to mentor, teach and coach early career team members
- Strong command of modern HTML and CSS
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience building highly integrated and testable systems
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or software development training program
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: