Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders; help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our members
- Provide technical strategy and direction to your teams
- Help engineers develop their long term careers, provide performance feedback, and conduct one-on-ones with your team to make sure they are thriving
- Balance hands-on contribution and program management for products your team ships
What’s great about the role:
- You’ll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You’ll learn a lot doing and share a lot- we care about the art of engineering leadership
- You’ll face technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- At least 2+ years experience of being a technical, hand-on people manager for an engineering team
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organisation
- Strong communication skills with engineers as well as your non-technical colleagues
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: