Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is building a full-scale financial platform to champion financial progress by helping our 100M+ members improve their credit, pay off debt and plan for the future. The Credit Karma Money team is a fundamental piece to achieving that vision. We want to change consumers’ relationship with money, to help them spend wisely, save for the future and build wealth. With the launch of high yield savings last year and checking/debit this year, we are well on our way to achieving this vision of helping our members throughout their financial journey. The Trust & Safety team at Credit Karma make sure that member onboarding and product interactions goes smoothly and prevent bad actors from entering the CK Money member family. It involves building safeguards in the member-facing ‘app’ and enabling fraud operational teams to catch fraudulent members/ activity effectively using enterprise (internal) tools. The Risk & Fraud PM will be responsible for designing and building the products and features that make all this possible. A successful candidate will be a creative and technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity and building new products from the ground up. You will be responsible for defining a vision, strategy and leading a team in executing a roadmap for Risk (Trust & Safety) systems at Credit Karma.
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead product strategy and requirements for payment risk & fraud squads
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of products that keep our user’s transactions safe from fraud and reduce CK Money’s risk exposure
- Define clear vision & strategy and support your product team in understanding customer pain points, develop strong roadmaps and executing on them
- Create clear goals for the team. Drive product development with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Analysts to deliver impact for our business and users
- Use data and metrics to inform your strategy and success criteria
- Work cross-functionally with experts across the organization and collaborate with stakeholders and engineers, as well as partners in policy, legal, and operations
What’s great about the role:
- Join an experienced team of talented Product Managers, engineers, data scientists and operation specialists all working towards the common goal of keeping Credit Karma Money users safe
- Create powerful and easy-to-use solutions for our world class Risk & fraud teams and making experiences on our platform safe and seamless for our users
- Own the risk product roadmap and help us accelerate our growth into new markets, financial product verticals and lines of business
- Make data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and will collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and other stakeholders within and across other business units
- Build high quality products that enable the trusted relationship our users have with and impact our high-growth business
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5-7 years of product management experience, with experience working in payments risk or on other marketplace platforms
- Experience in creating, executing, and delivering against a (feature) pipeline and driving business impact
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally; collaborate & influence as part of a team both internally and externally with partners
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- 10 years of professional experience in product management with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading technically challenging projects
- Experience or knowledge of fintech (payments), ecommerce or neo-banking
- Passionate and knowledgeable about risk & fraud, with strong technical level understanding
- Experience operating web-scale consumer products in rapidly-evolving regulatory environments
- Comfortable working within legal, ethical, and policy constraints as well as user constraints
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to roll-up sleeves and deep-dive into systems/ platforms to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products on time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: