Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue, and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a creative, inspiring Senior Product Designer to help craft exceptional experiences for hundreds of thousands of users. Reporting to Credible's Head of Design, you will mentor our small but talented design team, play a critical role in delivering important product initiatives, and help us mature our design processes.
- Lead critical design projects, sometimes as the sole designer, sometimes guiding the work of other contributing designers
- Mentor our product designers, and potentially one marketing designer. Foster their growth through development planning, collaborative work, and real-time design feedback and coaching
- Partner with product counterparts to ensure strong execution from concept through launch and beyond
- Drive greater visibility of the design team across the organization
- Help drive continuous improvement in team performance and design quality
- Assist with formulating and managing our product design roadmap, and with project planning and task prioritization
- Participate in recruiting and onboarding activities for new designers over time as the business grows
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in UI/UX design or product design, with a focus on internet and/or mobile consumer products is required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX, Web Design, HCI or a related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of design tools - Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle, Framer, and any other tools needed to get the job done
- An inspiring portfolio that demonstrates experience leading design projects, crafting design systems, working through complex user flows, and shipping products that are functional, intuitive and visually compelling
- Experience applying user research methodologies and product data/analytics to inform design decisions
- Meaningful experience working closely with product managers and engineers in a collaborative environment
Nice to Have:
- Passion for creating exceptional user experiences that address real user needs
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to simplify the complex
- Thrive on collaboration with other teams to accomplish shared goals
- Resourceful and mindful; you move fast but don't break things
- Possess a build-measure-learn iterative mindset
- Strong communication skills
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.