Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue, and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
As Credible scales up, we are building world class Legal and Compliance teams to scale with it. Credible is looking for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant with strong organizational and project management skills to support the Legal team and certain functions within Compliance. In-house experience working with technology companies or financial service providers is preferred. The ideal candidate will have significant flexibility for operating in multiple systems, top tier legal research skills, a keen attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a practical problem-solving approach.
- Support the Legal and Compliance teams with high profile, mission critical projects across the Company in areas including state licensing requirements, filings and regulatory examination preparation, contract management, consumer privacy and compliance initiatives
- Assist with Identifying, implementing, and maintaining systems for creating, editing, storing, tracking, administering and managing new and amended contracts
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining systems for advising loan officers with license requirements and tracking and reporting on the status of their compliance with such requirements
- Assist with the management of regulatory exam preparation and reports
- Assist the Legal and Compliance teams with their reviews of all advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable UDAAP and financial services laws and regulations
- Build and implement processes to improve the company's operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented legal project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing projects to effective resolution
- Experience working with the full MS Office and Google Suite of products and the ability to learn project management systems such as Asana and Jira
- 4+ years of related experience (a combination of law firm and in-house experience focused on consumer financial services and technology would be ideal but not required)
- Proven ability to work with teams of multiple stakeholders as well as independently with limited guidance as a natural self-starter
- Exceptional professionalism; strong work ethic; desire to learn and grow; sense of humor; and the flexibility needed to thrive in an innovative and fast-paced business environment
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.