Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue, and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
As Credible scales up, we are building a world class compliance program to scale with it. Our compliance program is broken out into four divisions: Policy and Advisory, Monitoring and Testing, Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, and Financial Crimes and Data Security.
Credible is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, and systematic Compliance Manager to join our team. As a member of the Compliance Team, you will use your meticulous attention to detail to oversee Credible adherence to federal and state law, contractual and policy obligations of partner companies, mortgage investor requirements, and other legal requirements.
As a member of the Monitoring and Testing division, you will be responsible for conducting periodic testing, reporting test results to impacted teams, and working to remediate findings. This is an excellent opportunity to have day-to-day impact on the functioning of the business to maximize efficiency and minimize risk. Your key responsibilities will include testing, reporting, remediation, and managing the team and systems used perform each of these functions.
Compliance Manager Responsibilities: The following responsibilities are the same across all of our compliance managers
- Manage Internal Compliance Processes including development, documentation, and continuous improvement of cross-functional workflows by leveraging tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, Slack, etc.) to ensure a systematic approach to organization-wide compliance
- Participate in and facilitate periodic internal and external risk identification processes, such as audits and risk assessments
- Manage a team of compliance professionals
- Communicate effectively with other divisions within Compliance to advance all areas of the Compliance Program
Policy and Advisory Responsibilities: The following responsibilities are specific to the Monitoring and Testing Compliance Manager
- Design, update, and improve our compliance testing, reporting, and remediation systems to drive optimal efficiency for all stages of the process
- Oversee partner/affiliate marketing compliance monitoring program
- Monitor Credible’s site content and blog for accuracy and compliance with relevant laws
- Oversee mortgage compliance testing relating to key risks affecting a 50 state (almost, not registered with NYDFS) mortgage brokerage business
- Coordinate testing and reporting program with the Policy and Advisory division’s compliance management system so test results and remediations are tied to identified risks
- Support customer service call monitoring to highlight issues and feedback to continually improve user experience
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS or higher in Legal, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or related field preferred. A different degree with coursework in data analysis considered, as is equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a financial services compliance function
- Banking or lending background and experience preferred
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors, presentation programs, Salesforce, basic SQL or report building in a Loan Origination System, and data management will be extremely useful in our environment
- The ideal candidate will come to Credible with existing substantive or implantation knowledge of laws impacting a 50 state (almost) mortgage broker, including licensing requirements, RESPA, TILA, UDAAP, ECOA, FHA, ESIGN, and investor guidelines, but this is not required for the Monitoring and Testing manager
Personality and Values:
- Organized and methodical: you are detail-oriented and love problem solving
- Collaborative mindset: you're happy to take on projects both big and small
- Attention to detail: you notice the little things and are excited to speak up and help us improve our processes
- High degree of flexibility, creativity, and curiosity about different data storage systems, including spreadsheets, SQL databases, CRMs, and mortgage LOS’s
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.