Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue, and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics team is seeking to grow the company’s Data Science and Machine Learning capabilities across several facets of our business. We are seeking a seasoned Data Scientist to lead this transformative step change function and nurture its growth across several focus areas. As the first Data Scientist explicitly focused on statistical modeling and ML projects, you will drive tactical and strategic execution, and eventually lead all ML projects and Data Scientists on the team.
- Drive the long-term statistical modeling and machine learning vision of the company
- Conduct analyses to develop and improve our product recommendation and user classification systems. Use this understanding to help optimize our adaptive user experience, cross selling initiatives, and retargeting efforts
- Develop lead scoring models and methodologies to predict Lifetime Value
- Design, prototype, and implement models across several domains. Manage each part of a project’s life cycle, including ad-hoc exploration, preparation of training data, model development, and production deployment
- Help define and implement a framework of continual innovation within the ML infrastructure and orchestrate a continuous cycle of learning, inference, and observation
- Partner with engineers to develop ML pipelines, and maintain high system availability and reliability
- Work with product and marketing managers, analysts, and engineers to turn insights about our users into automated services
- Mentor junior scientists and engineers
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science required. Masters Degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline strongly desired
- 7+ years experience in developing, testing, and deploying optimized predictive models (preferably to inform in-product recommendation systems and automated customer re-targeting efforts)
- Advanced statistical modeling skillset (Python, R, etc)
- Advanced SQL querying, data mining, and data cleansing skillset
- Deep knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (neural networks, decision trees, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of experiment design
- Experience using AWS Sagemaker, TensorFlow, or Kubeflow
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure tools (EC2, S3, Redshift, Snowflake, containers)
- Advanced visualization/reporting and presentation experience
- Version Control Experience (GitHub)
- Deep and current knowledge of ML infrastructure (ETL, tools, new products in the space)
- Excellent strategic project planning skillset
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience at an e-commerce or fintech company a plus
Nice to Have:
- Ability to develop project plans and deliver results against quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Comfortable working with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your creativity and analytical skills to deliver best in class solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to articulate vision, complex thoughts, analytical processes, and results in clear business terms
- Anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mindset – think critically about analyses and solutions and provide improvement recommendations. This role requires an individual who can work autonomously
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.