Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue, and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a VP, People who is self-driven, process-oriented, and an influential leader. You will be a member of the Leadership Team and work hand in hand with fellow executives and oversee all initiatives and processes related to recruiting, retention, performance management, total rewards & compensation, talent management/organizational development, and employee relations.
Based at our offices in Durham or San Francisco you will play a critical role in shaping and growing Credible's People function, and establishing programs that promote Credible’s mission and cultural values.
The VP, People is a champion of our culture, a mentor and leader, coaching managers in development of others, challenging the status quo, and offering creative solutions to business issues.
- Manage the people operations function for a ~400 person growth-stage company, and further define Credible’s people and talent strategy
- Oversee the Recruiting team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process
- Develop hiring strategies that attract employees from a diverse background
- Be responsible for all stages of the employee on-boarding, orientation and exit process
- Oversee compensation, benefits and all employee training, retention and performance management programs
- Lead and work collaboratively with Credible’s existing people management team to identify, define and implement human resource programs that address the needs of the organization
- Sit on Credible’s leadership team and work to design and build organizational capability to deliver against strategic goals and objectives Approach each initiative with a business and problem solving mindset
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Oversee Credible’s Human Resource Information System and Applicant Tracking System
- Coach managers toward goal-oriented and results-driven leadership
- Establish scalable solutions and leverage current programs to empower our leaders to be better managers and prepare high-potential employees for management roles
- Oversee the communication of human resource policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound leadership application and legal compliance
- Act as an advocate for, and resource to, employees to ensure that employee perspectives are heard and considered
- Foster a positive work environment and deploy engagement and feedback tools
- Stay informed of federal, state, and agency compliance matters and serves as an expert in state and federal labor law compliance in all locations in which Credible operates
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in human resources and recruiting positions, including experience in high growth tech companies
- Demonstrated experience in scaling complex, fast-moving organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Familiarity with the recruiting lifecycle and development of an effective recruiting engine
- Past experience with Workday, Greenhouse, or similar systems
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing organization trends and implementing human resource solutions
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, and training and development
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.Proven ability to influence and drive change with executive teams
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.