Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a self-motivated and analytical Partnerships & Business Development Manager to join our growing team. In this role, this person will be working with the Business Development team to execute our partnerships strategy by pitching and winning marketing partnerships. Establishing relationships with marketing partners through sustained sales efforts, you will be committed to transforming Credible’s business and growing revenue. In addition to building relationships, you have the ability to manage the full lifecycle of a marketing partnership across prospecting and contracting.
The ideal candidate will have a background in sales and/or partnerships/business development and have a passion for the financial technology space.
- Get up to speed on the financial verticals that Credible operates in; namely, Student Loans, Personal Loans, Mortgages and Credit Cards
- Pitch, structure, negotiate and win marketing partnerships that promote Credible’s personal finance marketplaces (mortgages, student loans, personal loans and credit cards)
- Effectively and confidently pitch the Credible product and its benefits to prospective marketing partners
- Collaboratively work with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal & Compliance to establish, launch, and grow new partnerships
- Develop partner relationships, having a diplomatic approach to negotiation, and quantitatively evaluating results
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the competitive landscape in financial services, financial technology and financial online marketplaces
- Contribute to and execute partnership strategies as directed by senior leadership
- Ensure continuous logging of outbound activities in Salesforce
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in a business development, partnerships or sales role, or relevant operating experience in Fintech or Consumer Internet
- Understanding of affiliate partnerships and how they are structured
- Demonstrable experience pitching and closing partnerships that drive significant revenue
- Experience with Salesforce and data modeling
- Prior experience in navigating internal projects/goals through cross-functional collaboration (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal)
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Experience with Consumer Lending or FinTech is a plus
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.