Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a self-motivated and analytical Partnerships & Business Development Director to join our growing team. In this role, this person will be working with our Head of Business Development to ideate, pitch, and win marketing partnerships to drive top-of-funnel traffic to Credible. Establishing relationships with marketing partners through sustained sales efforts, you will be committed to transforming Credible’s business and growing revenue. In addition to building relationships, you have the ability to manage the full lifecycle of a marketing partnership across prospecting, contracting and developing partner growth strategies.
The ideal candidate will be in tune with the key players of our industry and have a passion for the financial technology space. Through grit, humility, and persistence, you bring strong interpersonal skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
- Ideate, pitch, structure, negotiate and win marketing partnerships that promote Credible’s multi-lender marketplaces (student loan refi, student loan origination, personal loans, mortgages)
- Effectively and confidently pitch the Credible product and its benefits to prospective marketing partners
- Collaboratively work with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal & Compliance to establish, launch, and grow marketing partnerships
- Develop partner relationships, having a diplomatic approach to negotiation, and quantitatively evaluating results
- Establish internal buy-in on partnership opportunities through thoughtful and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the competitive landscape in financial services, financial technology and financial online marketplaces
- Ideate, source, and secure conversations/meetings with prospective marketing partners through outbound efforts
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a business development, partnerships or sales role
- Deep understanding of affiliate partnerships and how they are structured
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Demonstrable experience pitching and closing large strategic partnerships that drive significant revenue
- Excellent presentation skills - the ability to craft and present a Powerpoint pitch and narrative from scratch for unique partnership opportunities is essential
- High competency with Financial and Data Modeling to evaluate the merits of partnership opportunities
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Experience and existing relationships with large media publishers is a significant plus
- Experience in and knowledge of the student loans, persona loans, and mortgage markets is a significant plus
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.