Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a self-driven and process-oriented individual to serve as Credible’s HR Manager, Business Partner. The ideal candidate is one that can straddle both the strategic and tactical elements of the role in our fast-moving fintech environment. Reporting to the Director, People Operations, this role will serve as a strategic advisor to management and partner with other HR People Ops team members to drive program initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for employee relations, manager coaching and development, culture and change management, assist with performance management, and talent/workforce planning and analytics.
Currently this role is 100% remote due to the pandemic. However, under normal circumstances the position will be based out of our San Francisco office and will play a critical role in shaping and growing Credible's People Ops function while establishing programs that promote Credible’s mission and cultural values.
- Champion and embody the Credible culture, mission, and values
- Proactively consult business line leaders and recommend HR strategic solutions to improve critical business outcomes
- Partner with business line leaders to help them build and develop their people and departments
- Provide insightful data to guide decision-making and offer proactive solutions
- Demonstrate expertise in coaching employees through change, whether that change is company-wide, manager specific, or career development related
- Be hands-on; this role will work side by side with People Ops HR team members in developing and driving programs and strategic initiatives
- Proactively analyze and identify complex people issues and trends and provide appropriate recommendations
- Act as an advocate for, and resource to, employees to ensure that employee perspectives are heard and considered
- Partner with the recruitment team to ensure we are hiring the best and brightest employees possible
- Assist in other areas of HR as appropriate (benefits, learning & development, compensation, etc.)
- Stay informed of federal, state, and agency compliance matters and serve as an expert in state. and federal labor law compliance in all locations in which Credible operates
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field highly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience operating in a HR Business Partner capacity for growing organizations
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience with the following areas: career development, workforce planning, performance management, coaching and developing leaders, employee relations, project management, learning & development, and diversity and inclusion efforts
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, and results driven environment
- Experience within the financial technology space and/or start-up company environment a plus
- Ability to influence across all functions and levels in an organization
- Motivated self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas and projects with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Flexible, confident, and respectful in all situations
- A creative problem solver who is willing to listen and think independently
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.