Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a creative, experienced User Researcher to help build exceptional financial services for hundreds of thousands of people. Reporting to Credible's Senior Director of Design, you will join our small but talented design team, play a critical role in delivering important product initiatives, and help us mature our design and research processes.
- Identify research opportunities based on potential impact and develop a research plan that meets project needs.
- Deliver compelling and actionable research insights that help teams understand our users better
- Partner with stakeholders (product management, customer support, analytics) to ensure strong execution from concept through launch and beyond
- Synthesize multiple inputs (qualitative and quantitative insights, competitive research) to arrive at recommendations that inform product and design strategy
- Identify opportunities to build, evolve and scale research processes and tools
- Drive greater visibility of user research across the organization
- Help drive continuous improvement in design quality
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in applied user research, and/or product research and development with a focus on consumer products is required
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Marketing or related fields
- Strong understanding of user research methods, including how to apply them to the product development process.
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation, to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations
- Experience conducting foundational and evaluative research (pre- and post-launch), using qualitative and quantitative methods (usability testing, surveys and remote testing participatory design, ethnography, diary studies, A/B testing)
- Familiarity with online research tools (e.g., Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Userzoom, SPSS)
- Excellent communication, storytelling, influencing, cross-functional collaboration, and relationship-building skills, and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Meaningful experience working closely with product managers and engineers in a collaborative environment
Nice to Have:
- Thrive on collaboration with other teams to accomplish shared goals
- Resourceful and mindful; you move fast but don't break things
- Possess a build-measure-learn iterative mindset
- Strong communication skills
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.