Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
As our Public Relations Manager, you will be spearheading high impact PR and communications initiatives, developing and promoting our story, and leading media relations. As Credible’s Media Relations Manager, you will build exceptional relationships with Tier 1 media outlets to help increase Credible brand awareness & brand consideration across Linear and Digital channels.
- Plan, implement, and manage all public relations and media relations programs
- Lead Credible’s Personal Finance Expert media strategy, running weekly pitches and maximizing impact
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within the industry
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and create communications strategies and recommendations based on them
- Identify industry, economic, competitor, and cultural trends to prime relevant story opportunities and demonstrate Credible’s thought leadership
- Create press materials including media pitches, press releases, talking points and FAQs, in addition to developing briefing materials to prepare executives for media briefings and speaking events
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years in content marketing, PR/communications or related fields in the financial services sector.
- Strong attention to detail. Deep understanding of the unique challenges of communications in the finance industry
- Expert ability to analyze data and make clear data-informed recommendations
- Positive and collaborative. Ability to build internal relationships and work cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Proficient in social media analytics and measurement
- Combination of in-house and agency experience a plus
Nice to Have:
- Passionate about content marketing and personal finance
- A news guru and always staying up to date on the latest personal finance trends, policies, and how these impact the everyday consumer
- An inspirational storyteller who can excite people with your ability to bring complex financial topics to life to a broad audience
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and work in a dynamic start-up environment where you’ll have the opportunity for autonomy and making a significant impact
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.