Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for an accomplished Mortgage Operations Manager to lead and coach an energetic team of novice and seasoned mortgage processing professionals. A successful candidate will be an adept communicator and mathematician with proven leadership and informed decision-making skills. The Mortgage Operations Manager will establish and instill awareness of team goals, policies, and procedures, and will partner with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to plan, monitor, and ensure production quality standards.
Team Leadership - 60%
- Supervise and mentor team of 8 to 10 Mortgage Loan Officer Coordinators (LOC) responsible for facilitating the mortgage process, including submission of files and clearing conditions, and verification of financial information and documentation to satisfy underwriting conditions for Credible’s lending partners
- Confer with senior management team to set team production guidelines and goals, conduct quality control audits, and review team performance
- Collaborate with peer management and training team to develop and implement mortgage processing policies and procedures, and training curriculum
Mortgage Processing - 20%
- Facilitate application file pipeline management process, ensuring efficient LOC file distribution and supporting file processing overflow when necessary
- Review loan applications and coach LOCs on accurate file structuring and workflows
- Resolve or remedy client escalations quickly and professionally while adhering to all state and federal regulations, as well as mortgage lending and underwriting guidelines
Mortgage Underwriting - 20%
- Research, review, and conduct risk assessments on particularly complex application files for both wage and self-employed borrowers
- Communicate factors that impact the risk and overall loan application to Mortgage Advisors (Loan Officers) and mortgage operations teams
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience supervising mortgage operations teams
- 5+ years’ experience facilitating Conforming and Jumbo mortgages, preferably for a Broker
- Exceptional research, math, and analytical skills
- Experience developing and implementing mortgage processing and underwriting procedures
- Exceptional ability to communicate with various audiences, including direct reports, cross-functional teams, senior leadership, borrowers, and lending partners
- Strong understanding of federal, state and/or regulatory mortgage lending requirements, mortgage product types, pricing, and underwriting guidelines
- Previous experience in Financial Technology preferred
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.