Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced information security engineer that will bring vision to the role and who has a strong background of partnering with the engineering team to develop and implement information security best practices. Ideally, you will have broad expertise in security technologies applicable to online financial services that have extensive integrations with third party systems.
- Be an evangelist for security and promote a security conscious mindset throughout Credible, especially in the Engineering Team
- Manage the Vulnerability Management Program and ensure applications (and infrastructure) are promptly patched and secured.
- Triage and investigate security alerts generated via various tools including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, firewall, etc.
- Participate in the incident response process and conduct forensic analysis (when necessary)
- Conduct proactive threat hunting by searching for IOC in various systems and security logs
- Participate in red team exercises that target Credible’s infrastructure, applications and data repositories to identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Participate in secure SDLC activities including threat modeling, security architecture review, SAST, DAST (and various other security checks)
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Improve Credible’s security posture over time by proposing new techniques and solutions to mitigate security-related risks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in information security
- Hands on experience in security systems and tools, including SAST/DAST, SIEM, firewalls, IDS, WAF, anti-virus software, authentication systems, and log management
- Technical knowledge of database, operating system and web application security
- Familiarity with securing cloud environments (bonus points for securing Amazon Web Services!)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Threat hunting and application pentest experience is desired
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.