Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is the only consumer finance marketplace that provides consumers with accurate, personalized, and prequalified mortgage rates, from multiple lenders without impacting their credit. We are building an outstanding team that combines foundational knowledge and pragmatism of the mortgage industry with technology and product experience that today’s consumers both expect and demand. Credible is looking to hire a Director of Operational Excellence that can see ‘the big picture’ vision as well as get ‘in the weeds’ with the Mortgage Operations team. We are seeking an individual who understands what a well-oiled mortgage supply chain looks like from their own direct experience and has an abundance of ideas and excitement for process improvement.
This is an important role in a fast-growing vertical where the successful candidate will be a key business partner to the Chief Operating Officer and General Manager. The individual will be responsible for owning and executing a strategy that will significantly impact the growth of the business lines.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading Operational Excellence initiatives across the Secured verticals (i.e. Mortgage Purchase and Mortgage Refinance)
- Taking a relentlessly data-driven approach in knowing what to measure, how to monitor it, and how to effect change
- Ensuring the maintenance and adherence to standardized management systems in place across the Secured verticals (e.g. audits, reporting, change management)
- Being a thought-leader in the Secured verticals by proposing and/or driving long-term strategic priorities in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer and General Manager
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of operational excellence experience or management consulting with at least 2 years of management experience
- Capacity to think in a highly structured manner and to be able to break down problems to the fundamental constituent parts
- Analytical and quantitative operator with exposure to and/or use of SQL and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Ability to think independently in prioritizing improvement opportunities and to develop a coherent, data-driven narrative to develop ‘buy-in’ from the broader team
- Favorably viewed if Six Sigma certified (or other lean / process improvement methodologies) and experience working in a start-up environment
- Mortgage Experience Preferred
Personality and Values:
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to simplify the complex and strong bias to action
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, and ability to prioritize workload
- Self-starter and ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Strong relationship-building skills and communication skills
- Humble, not territorial, collaborative, high EQ
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.