Create is a venture studio backed by 20 of New York City’s most successful founders (GLG, SLT, Moat, Dia&Co, Crunch, Manhattan Mini Storage and more). Create rigorously ideates, tests, refines, and launches new businesses.
About the role
As a MBA Venture GM Intern, you will be working directly with the studio’s research and launch team. At its most basic level, your job will be to understand business concepts and work across every function of the company. We, and you, are generative, there will be no shortage of new business ideas. Your job will be to help us evaluate those ideas and bring them to life. If you love thinking about and digging into new and innovative companies, this will be a great fall for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research to gain insight on industries and new market opportunities for NewCos.
- Perform due diligence on business concepts, models, markets, risks, and other considerations for NewCos.
- Gather and analyze data from diverse sources and share synthesized findings with Create team.
- Work with product team on MVP development, user testing, and product launch.
- Refine process and criteria for advancing NewCos from ideation phase to research, testing, and launch.
What you’re like:
- You love to learn and are insatiably curious.
- You do not need your hand-held. We can give you a problem, without a lot of structure, and know that you will create a structured response and find innovative ways to get at the requisite information.
- You thrive in fast paced environments where workloads are changing and require you to actively clarify needs and prioritize your time accordingly.
- You value data>opinions, but are not afraid to make a call when there are areas of grey.
- You value working on a diverse team, both culturally and from an experience perspective, and value multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Complexity is your friend. You know complexity well. You like complexity. You are comfortable with complexity and you are able, and enjoy, taking complex ideas and simplifying them.
- You are hyper focused on the user, wherever or whoever they may be.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (read you like to get shit done).
- You care. You listen. You are nice.
- Highly reliable candidates.
- Current MBA candidate
- 40 hours a week
- January to May 2021
- In light of COVID-19, this internship will be remote until further notice